Academic Advising

Talk to your advisor

Your academic advisor is here to support you on your academic journey. You should plan to meet with them at least once each semester to review your academic plan and identify appropriate course options for the next semester. Your advisor will guide you through your academic experience and help you:

Our advisors

Merchandising Majors + Fashion Design Minors

Sheila Maben
Undergraduate Academic Advisor

Comprehensive Design Majors + Interior Design Majors

Elke Pessl
Undergraduate Academic Advisor

Studio Art Majors + Fashion Design Majors

Nell Weatherwax
Undergraduate Academic Advisor
Studio Art areas include: ceramics, digital art, fibers, graphic design, metalsmithing + jewelry design, painting, photography, printmaking, and sculpture.

Graduate Programs

Graduate Services

Schedule an appointment

To schedule an advising appointment through the Student Appointment Scheduler (SAS), follow the steps below:

  1. Go to the Student Appointment Scheduler.
  2. Log in with your IU username and passphrase.
  3. Click on “Search Advisors.”
  4. Click on “IU Bloomington.”
  5. Search for your advisor by putting their last name in the search bar.
  6. Click “Schedule Appointment.”
  7. Select a day with available appointments, and click on “Request Appointment.”
  8. Include your phone number and reason for appointment.
  9. Choose an open appointment that fits your schedule, and click “Submit Request.”
  10. Make a note of the date and time in your own calendar.

An email reminder will be sent to your IU email account the day before your appointment. If you want to check your appointment time or need to cancel or reschedule, you can do that through SAS.

College of Arts and Sciences Recorder’s Office & Graduate Office

The Recorder’s Office keeps undergraduate academic records. Any change in your academic status must be recorded with the office.

In collaboration with the University Graduate School, the College Graduate Office administers academic records for master’s students, as well as proposals for new courses and changes in the graduate curriculum.

Recorder’s Office

Owen Hall
790 E. Kirkwood Avenue
  • Phone: 812-855-1821

College Graduate Office

Owen Hall
790 E. Kirkwood Avenue
  • Phone: 812-856-3687