Our Merchandising and Fashion Design students won big in New York City before the spring semester even began. We are so proud of these students for winning over $72,000 in scholarship money between two scholarship competitions. Here are some highlights:
- Ten students (five fashion design and five merchandising) were Fashion Scholarship Fund (FSF) Case Study winners, and received scholarships ranging from $5,000-$15,000 plus an all-expenses paid trip to NYC for the annual FSF black tie gala
- 28 students attended the National Retail Federation (NRF) Student Program for four days in NYC, alongside 1100 other students from across the country
- Merchandising program alumnus Garrett Ledbetter moderated a panel of young people in the industry at the NRF Student Program
- Two students were in the Top 25 of the NRF Next Generation Competition and attended the Black Tie NRF Honors Program
- Annie Hope Mazzola was a nationwide top five finalist for the NRF Next Generation Scholarship, and was honored on stage at the Honors Program and awarded a $10,000 scholarship
A massive congratulations to all of our participating and winning students!