The Eskenazi Office of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Access facilitates quarterly intensive Inclusion, Equity, Diversity + Access Fellow Institutes. Each institute is a three-day intensive educational experience curated to increase cultural competency and awareness on both the professional and personal level for Eskenazi Faculty & Staff. This professional development opportunity is offered to Faculty, Staff, and Associate Instructors in the Eskenazi School. Participants who complete the program will earn the distinction of IDEA Fellow.
The following faculty, staff, and associate instructors have earned the IDEA Fellow distinction. Each IDEA Fellow has demonstrated their passion and commitment to continued education and learning regarding their personal cultural competency and capital.
IDEA Fellows recognize and understand that the work of Inclusion, Equity, Diversity and Access is urgent, intentional, and ongoing.
Fall 2022 IDEA Fellow Cohort
• Sarah Carter, Member—Art, Architecture, and Design Librarian
• Janna Ahrndt, Member—Lecturer + Area Coordinator, Digital Art
• Susan White—Lecturer, Merchandising
Winter 2023 IDEA Fellow Cohort
• Bryan Orthel, Ph.D., NCIDQ, NCARB—Associate Professor + Director, Interior Design
• Hannah Osborn, Member—Administrative Assistant
• Deb Christiansen, Ph.D., Member—Executive Director of Academics + Senior Lecturer, Fashion Design
• Kelly Richardson—Director + Curator, The Elizabeth Sage Historic Costume Collection
• Eric Drowatzky—Associate Instructor + Sculpture MFA
Summer 2023 IDEA Fellow Cohort
• Elida Behar—Lecturer, Interior Design
• Cara Mason, Member—Graduate Recruitment Coordinator
• Daniel Martinez, Co-Chair—Assistant Professor, Architecture
• Yael Ksander, Member—Director of Communications and Marketing
• Olivia Kalish—Event Services Coordinator
• Tonja Torgerson—Lecturer, Printmaking
• Sarah Wilkinson—Graduate Services Coordinator
• Alexander Landerman—Lecturer + Area Head, Graphic Design