Stephen Malashock, B.A. 1975, M.B.A. 1977, and Jane Malashock, B.A. 1977, established this scholarship to acknowledge the important role of arts and humanities education at Indiana University. They met as undergraduate students and have a deep appreciation for the experience they shared and the education they received.
Steve + Jane Malashock Scholarship
Deadline for application:
February 1, 2021, at 11:59 PM EST
One (1) recipient will be chosen for this award.
$10,000 divided among four years ($2,500/year)
This award is renewable up to four years. Recipient must maintain a 3.0 GPA and must maintain status as an Eskenazi School student making sufficient progress toward one of our degrees in Studio Art.
Incoming, first-year students who have Studio Art listed as their intended major on their IU Application.
In-state, Out-of-state, must be a U.S. citizen
Complete the form below and submit a portfolio, including a statement answering the questions outlined. The portfolio and statement should be converted to PDF and combined into 1 file.
Portfolio must include:
- 10 images of recent work from high school or personal work (clear, in focus, evenly-lit)
- Include a short description of each piece with the size and material(s)
Statement must address answers to these questions:
- Why is art and design important for our future?
- How do you incorporate your creative skills into your everyday life?
- How would this funding support your creative journey?
Questions? E-mail email@example.com.